Understand why YOU work
Have you ever thought about why you work?
Consider which of the statements below apply:
- financial security
– we need money to get by – or –
– we want to enhance our lifestyle
- a sense of personal fulfillment
- progression and advancement
- social life
- continuing to learn and develop
- enabling your children to develop strong work ethics and see you as a role model
Understanding why you have chosen to work, in this job, at this time, is not just a matter of ‘I have no choice’. The reason you are doing what you are doing today is because of a series of choices you have made. Sometimes just understanding why you have made the choice will remind you of the advantages that your lifestyle brings to you and your family.
So what are YOUR personal benefits of working? Think about the list above; talk about them with your other half or other family members and remind yourself of them when you are having a bad day.